Should Kate love the Ginger?
Hyperemesis gravidarum is not a condition fit for a Princess. Morning sickness can be debilitating and frankly it’s downright poorly named. Through personal experience I know it can last all day, every day until you find relief in one small thing. Mine was ginger. In the form of ginger nuts to be exact. Fingers crossed Wills or Liz is a dab hand with a rolling pin and can knock up a quick ginger or two for her. Cutting them with a crown shaped cutter optional.
Move over Harry, there’s a new ginger in town.
Gingerbread Biscuit Recipe
· 350g plain flour plus extra for rolling out
· 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
· 175g light soft brown sugar
· 1 large egg (free range)
Preheat Oven to 180 and line a two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
1. Sift dry ingredients into a food processor. Add the butter and blitz till it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2. Beat together egg and golden syrup then add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip dough out only lightly floured surface, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and pop in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough out to 1/2 cm thick (again on a lightly floured surface). Using your crown cutter, or other chosen shape, cut out the biscuit and place on the baking tray. Leave a gap between them.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cooled eat, dip in tea or if feeling need to pretty it up decorate with icing and sprinkles.